Augmented and virtual reality need to access and process huge amounts of data in real-time and 5G is the most ideal option, as it is incorporated with high speed and ultra-low latency. Thus, 5G is transforming the use of augmented and virtual reality by providing real-time communication between a device and the web is possible.
5G is the 5th generation of wireless networks, which will provide 10 times better throughput, 10 times lower latency, and 100 times higher traffic capacity than current networks. It has been designed to connect virtually everyone, and everything, including machines, objects, and devices. In addition, the 5G network offers higher multi-Gbps peak data speeds, ultra-low latency, more reliability, massive network capacity, increased network availability, and a more uniform user experience. Therefore, 5G is beneficial in transforming all industrial sectors such as robotics, automobiles, and health. 5G will provide users (using Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality gadgets) with entertainment with an unprecedented level of realism during live broadcasts and video streaming from VOD services in high resolution. So, now let us see how 5G along with Smart 5g tester, 5G test equipment, 5g network tester tools and Smart 4G Testing RF drive test software, Cellular LTE RF drive test tools & equipment is transforming AI and VR.
What is Augmented Reality (AR)?
Augmented reality (AR) is a technology or an interactive experience that lets you see real-life environments and objects with a digital augmentation overlay of images, sounds, or text, that emphasizes your reality by using software, apps, and hardware such as AR glasses. In other words, augmented reality (AR) is the real-time use of information such as text, graphics, audio, and other virtual enhancements incorporated with real-world objects. For example, when you use a street view service to get to know a neighborhood before you travel to that site or use an interior decoration app to see what types of furniture get fit into your living room or you can filter the option to modify the appearance of a person in a photo and apart from these, AR is also used in marketing, fashion, tourism, and retail.
- Enhance customer satisfaction with a unique digital experience, for instance, with AR features like Face Detection, Image Detection, etc. customers can view how a product looks on them, what sizes might fit them, and so much more so that it will help them confident buying decisions.
- AR provides a safe learning environment without having to worry about using costly equipment, for instance, by using AR technology, trainees can gain practical knowledge with virtual 3D machinery initially before having to use it in actual operations as training on heavy machinery can be costly and risky.
What is Virtual Reality?
Virtual Reality (VR), where users immerse themselves in a specifically designed /simulated environment for a specific purpose that can be explored in 360 degrees. Unlike traditional interfaces, VR places the user inside the virtual environment where people interact in simulated environments using VR goggles or other devices. For example, medical training, games, education, entertainment, automotive industry, defense, etc., which are explored without borders and boundaries in 360 degrees.
Virtual Reality is a self-controlled environment where the user can control the simulated environment via a system and experience it to the next level via VR devices like Oculus quest 2, headsets, Hp reverb G2, etc. With VR, a fictional environment can be improved by using sensors, displays, and other features like motion tracking, Movement tracking, etc.
- VR can provide an immersive experience, which means users using a VR headset can feel as if they are in the actual environment they are seeing.
- With VR, productivity can increase as people learn new skills by providing a realistic environment to practice in terms of training, work tasks, and communication.
- VR allows players during the game session to immerse themselves in a game or other experience completely especially due to VR headsets like the Oculus Quest 2 and the HTC Vive. Compared to traditional gaming, VR provides a more social experience as players can be in the same virtual space together and interact with each other.
When 5G is playing a major role in the use of AR and VR, continuous network testing is the most crucial aspect to perform. RantCell Pro is a smart 5G RF drive testing and monitoring tool that will measure KPIs accurately and provide test results in real-time. RantCell is a SaaS-based solution or mobile phone-based app (compatible with both Android and iOS) to improve your efficiency on 5G network testing. Some of the features that RantCell incorporates are time-saving functionalities, prevention of higher investment, and conducting tests with less manual effort.